Drugs & Medical Devices
How We Help Our Clients
SWMW Law works smarter, faster, and harder than anyone else to make sure you recover the compensation you and your family deserve from pharmaceutical companies. We will go above and beyond to help eliminate your stress and worry about paying for the medical care you need, and your accumulating personal bills. We’ll negotiate fiercely to make sure you are compensated fairly for your pain and suffering. We’ll go the extra mile to help you, so you can focus on your health and your family.
Over the course of our attorneys’ careers, we have fought for people who have become injured due to the negligence of others. Pharmaceutical companies have rushed drugs or medical devices to the market that caused adverse side effects, injuries and illnesses. We fight to recover compensation for the pain and suffering our clients have incurred, and for their medical bills, expenses and lost income.
We understand that your medical bills are piling up, and you may not be well enough to work. So we work relentlessly to put money in your hands as quickly as possible.
We Take Your Case at No Cost to You
It costs you nothing to have SWMW Law take on your case. Your consultation is free, and you pay nothing unless we are successful at getting you the money you are owed. You’ll pay nothing out of pocket – you pay us from the funds you are awarded.
Current SWMW Lawsuits for Prescription Drugs and Medical Devices
SWMW’s pharmaceutical team is currently accepting cases for those who have suffered injury due to the chemotherapy drug, Taxotere, which can cause alopecia – severe and permanent hair loss.
We are investigating whether the manufacturer, Sanofi-Aventis, engaged in illegal practices to boost sales, while hiding the side effects. A former Sanofi-Aventis employee blew the whistle on the company’s marketing practices, which claims they misrepresented the safety and efficacy of the drug, and provided kickbacks to the doctors who prescribed it. This scheme provided Sanofi-Aventis with an exponential boost in sales – bringing in as much as $1.4 billion in just four years. The desire for profits was light years ahead of any regard for the patient’s wellbeing.
If you or a family member has suffered permanent hair loss after using Taxotere, please call us anytime at (877) 205–4250 or contact us online.
SWMW’s pharmaceutical team is currently accepting cases for those who have suffered injury as a result of the IVC (inferior vena cava) Filter, a device designed to capture blood clots before they reach the lungs. Lawsuits that have been filed claim negligence, failure to sufficiently warn the patient of risks, design defects, manufacturing defects and negligent misrepresentation. Five IVC Filter products by different manufacturers have been identified as a source of problems in recent lawsuits:
- The Bard Recovery filter
- The Bard G2 filter
- The Bard G2 Express filter
- The Cook Gunther Tulip filter
- The Cook Celect filter
IVC Filters are cage-like metal devices implanted in the veins of people for a brief period of time to catch blood clots before they reach the lungs. These filters have been linked to numerous complications like vein and organ perforation, migration to other parts of the body or malfunction that can injure patients.
SWMW’s pharmaceutical team is currently accepting cases for those who have suffered injury due to the prescription blood thinner Xarelto, which can cause internal bleeding. Many people have already filed suits against the manufacturer, Bayer, and the marketing company, Janssen Pharmaceuticals (a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson). Some reasons for recent lawsuits include compensation for financial and emotional hardship, as well as holding Bayer and Janssen Pharmaceuticals accountable for releasing a dangerous drug and not sufficiently warning those using it about the medication’s risks and side effects.
Xarelto (rivaroxaban) was approved in 2011 and was designed to prevent dangerous blood clots, which can obstruct flow to vital organs. Unfortunately, one of the most severe side effects of Xarelto is the uncontrolled bleeding. When bleeding occurs near a major organ, like the brain, lungs or kidneys, blood flow to that organ is interrupted and the result can be fatal.
In addition to Xarelto, SWMW is currently investigating and accepting cases for individuals who have suffered injury due to other prescription blood thinners, including Perdaxa and Eloquis.
Other Prescription Drugs Involved in Lawsuits
Antidepressant Drugs Causing Birth Defects
Some antidepressant drugs have been linked to birth defects, including congenital heart defects, atrial septal defects and ventricular septal defects, among others. Here are the drugs that are currently involved in lawsuits:
- Paxil® (Paroxetine) mfg. GlaxoSmithKline
- Zoloft® (Sertraline) mfg. Pfizer
- Lexapro® (Escitalopram) mfg. Forest Labs
- Prozac® (Fluoxetine) mfg. Eli Lilly
- Celexa® (Citalopram) mfg. Forest Labs
- Luvox® (Fluvoxamine) mfg. Solvay Pharma
- Symbyax® (Fluoxetine/Olanzapine) mfg. Eli Lilly
- Wellbutrin® (Bupropion) mfg. GlaxoSmithKline
- Topamax® (Topiramate) mfg. Janssen Pharma
If you took any of these drugs while pregnant, and your child has a birth defect, please call us anytime at (877) 205–4250 or contact us online.
Drugs Causing Cancer
- Actos® (Pioglitazone) mfg. Takeda Pharma
- Risperdal® (Risperidone) mfg. Janssen Pharma
- Levaquin® (Levofloxacin) mfg. Janssen Pharma
- Accutane® (Isotretinoin) mfg. Hoffman La Roche
- Gadolinium-based MRI Dye Contrast Causing Nephrogenic systemic fibrosis (NSF)
If you or a family member developed bladder cancer after using Actos, please call us anytime at (877) 205–4250 or contact us online.
Birth Control Pills & Devices Causing Cardiovascular Injuries
Many popular birth control pills and devices have been linked to cardiovascular injuries, such as stroke, heart attack, pulmonary embolism, deep vein thrombosis (DVT), and/or blood clots. Current lawsuits involving these birth control medications include:
- Yaz® (Drospirenone) mfg. Bayer
- Yasmin® (Drospirenone/Ethinyl Estradiol) mfg. Bayer
- Ocella® (Drospirenone/Ethinyl Estradiol) mfg. Bayer
- Pradaxa® (Dabigatran Etexilate) mfg. Boehringer Ingelheim
- NuvaRing® (Ethinyl Estradiol/Etonogestrel) mfg. Organon (Merck & Co.)
- Mirena® (Levonorgestrel Intrauterine Device IUD) mfg. Bayer
- Avandia® (Rosiglitazone) mfg. GlaxoSmithKline
If you or a family member had serious medical problems after using any of these medications or medical devices, please call us anytime at (877) 205–4250 or contact us online.
To learn more about other prescription drugs involved in lawsuits, click here.
Current Medical Devices Involved in Lawsuits
Medical devices are often not tested or regulated properly, then rushed to the marketplace to make maximum profits. After these devices caused serious injury and even death to thousands of Americans, the manufacturers started taking some of them off the market. At SWMW Law, our attorneys have the extensive experience in holding medical device makers responsible for causing your injuries, or your family member’s death.
Hip and Knee Replacement Recall
- Biomet© Hip Implant
- Depuy© Hip Implant
- Howmedica©/Stryker© Hip Implant
- Zimmer© Hip Implant
- Encore© Ortho Knee Implant
- Smith & Nephew© Knee Implant
- Sulzer Medica© Knee Implant
Transvaginal Mesh and Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP)
- Kugel© Mesh
- Transvaginal Mesh Patches
What to Expect
We’ll take care of you throughout the process, keeping you informed, answering your calls and returning your emails. You’ll never be left wondering what’s going on. Here’s what to expect:
- To get started, just call us anytime day or night at (877) 205–4250 or contact us online.
- We will come to you, wherever you are in the USA.
- You don’t pay us a dime unless we win or settle your case.
- We’ll ask you a lot of questions to learn about your illness or injury, and who is responsible for it.
- We will investigate information we’ve obtained in our decades of experience representing families just like yours. We use information we’ve gathered from other drug and medical device clients to use as evidence.
- We will integrate your information with our team, and get everyone working immediately to file your case.
- We will keep you updated to let you know how your case is progressing.
- We will leave no stone unturned as we explore every possibility to help you obtain the just compensation you and your family deserve.