Current Lawsuits for Prescription Drugs
SWMW’s pharmaceutical team is currently accepting cases for those who have suffered injury due to the prescription blood thinner Xarelto, which can cause internal bleeding. Many people have already filed suits against the manufacturer, Bayer, and the marketing company, Janssen Pharmaceuticals (a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson). Some reasons for recent lawsuits include compensation for financial and emotional hardship, as well as holding Bayer and Janssen Pharmaceuticals accountable for releasing a dangerous drug and not sufficiently warning those using it about the medication’s risks and side effects.
Xarelto (rivaroxaban) was approved in 2011 and was designed to prevent dangerous blood clots, which can obstruct flow to vital organs. Unfortunately, one of the most severe side effects of Xarelto is the uncontrolled bleeding. When bleeding occurs near a major organ, like the brain, lungs or kidneys, blood flow to that organ is interrupted and the result can be fatal.
In addition to Xarelto, SWMW is currently investigating and accepting cases for individuals who have suffered injury due to other prescription blood thinners, including Perdaxa and Eloquis.
If you or someone you know has been injured due to the prescription drug Xarelto, contact us anytime day or night.
Other Prescription Drugs Involved in Lawsuits
Antidepressant Drugs Causing Birth Defects
Some antidepressant drugs have been linked to birth defects, including congenital heart defects, atrial septal defects and ventricular septal defects, among others. Here are the drugs that are currently involved in lawsuits:
- Paxil® (Paroxetine) mfg. GlaxoSmithKline
- Zoloft® (Sertraline) mfg. Pfizer
- Lexapro® (Escitalopram) mfg. Forest Labs
- Prozac® (Fluoxetine) mfg. Eli Lilly
- Celexa® (Citalopram) mfg. Forest Labs
- Luvox® (Fluvoxamine) mfg. Solvay Pharma
- Symbyax® (Fluoxetine/Olanzapine) mfg. Eli Lilly
- Wellbutrin® (Bupropion) mfg. GlaxoSmithKline
- Topamax® (Topiramate) mfg. Janssen Pharma
If you took any of these drugs while pregnant, and your child has a birth defect, please call us anytime at (877) 205–4250 or contact us online.
Drugs Causing Cancer
- Actos® (Pioglitazone) mfg. Takeda Pharma
- Risperdal® (Risperidone) mfg. Janssen Pharma
- Levaquin® (Levofloxacin) mfg. Janssen Pharma
- Accutane® (Isotretinoin) mfg. Hoffman La Roche
- Gadolinium-based MRI Dye Contrast Causing Nephrogenic systemic fibrosis (NSF)
If you or a family member developed bladder cancer after using Actos, please call us anytime at (877) 205–4250 or contact us online.
Birth Control Pills & Devices Causing Cardiovascular Injuries
Many popular birth control pills and devices have been linked to cardiovascular injuries, such as stroke, heart attack, pulmonary embolism, deep vein thrombosis (DVT), and/or blood clots. Current lawsuits involving these birth control medications include:
- Yaz® (Drospirenone) mfg. Bayer
- Yasmin® (Drospirenone/Ethinyl Estradiol) mfg. Bayer
- Ocella® (Drospirenone/Ethinyl Estradiol) mfg. Bayer
- Pradaxa® (Dabigatran Etexilate) mfg. Boehringer Ingelheim
- NuvaRing® (Ethinyl Estradiol/Etonogestrel) mfg. Organon (Merck & Co.)
- Mirena® (Levonorgestrel Intrauterine Device IUD) mfg. Bayer
- Avandia® (Rosiglitazone) mfg. GlaxoSmithKline
If you or a family member had serious medical problems after using any of these medications or medical devices, please call us anytime at (877) 205–4250 or contact us online.
What to Expect
We’ll take care of you throughout the process, keeping you informed, answering your calls and returning your emails. You’ll never be left wondering what’s going on. Here’s what to expect:
- To get started, just call us anytime day or night at (877) 205–4250 or contact us online.
- We will come to you, wherever you are in the USA.
- You don’t pay us a dime unless we win or settle your case.
- We’ll ask you a lot of questions to learn about your illness or injury, and who is responsible for it.
- We will investigate information we’ve obtained in our decades of experience representing families just like yours. We use information we’ve gathered from other drug and medical device clients to use as evidence.
- We will integrate your information with our team, and get everyone working immediately to file your case.
- We will keep you updated to let you know how your case is progressing.
- We will leave no stone unturned as we explore every possibility to help you obtain the just compensation you and your family deserve.